Electric bikes are becoming a more popular mode of transportation in China: Up to 120 million e-bikes are estimated to be on the roads in China, making them already the top alternative to cars and public transport, according to...
Photo: Electric bikes are gaining in popularity in Nanjing and other Chinese cities, by Markus Spring
Sep 22, 2009
Electric bikes are gaining in popularity in Nanjing and other Chinese cities, by Markus Spring
Jul 25, 2009
AP looks at the new fad of electric bicycles, for those tired of a long bike commute but who can’t afford a car: Workers weary of crammed public transport or pedaling long distances to jobs are upgrading to battery-powered...
CDT in the News
- Foreign Policy, China Brief – Zero-COVID nightmare
- The Globe and Mail – Locked-down Xinjiang residents face food and medicine shortages, as well as Chinese government censorship
- Czech News Agency (CTK) – Forum 2000 Conference Awards Chinese Journalist Zhang Zhan
- RadarOnline – China Unleashes ‘Comment Flooding’ To Tamp Down Social Chatter From Locked Down City
- WION – Covid lockdown: China censuring people’s pleas on social media amid food and medicine shortages