In The Humanist, Sam Geall looks at recent cases of academic or scientific fraud in China, and the “science cops,” such as Fang Zhouzi and Fang Xuanchang, who are trying to keep the facts in check. The article...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 22, 2010
The Los Angeles Times reports on the attack against Caijing reporter Fang Xuanchang and other threats faced by investigative journalists in China: In a secretive and often paranoid culture where muckrakers are viewed as...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods