The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Apr 14, 2008
From MarketWatch: Frustrated mainland Chinese investors, who have watched the country’s main stock market in Shanghai plummet more than 40% since October, have been wondering when their typically hands-on government will...
Mar 28, 2005
In Morgan Stanley’s Global Economic Forum, Stephen Roach has written: Because of its currency peg, China does not have an independent central bank. Having elected to fix the renminbi to the dollar, the People’s Bank of China has all but abdicated control over its emerging financial system to America’s Federal Reserve. As the Fed now […]
CDT in the News
- U.C. San Diego, 21st Century China Center – The Party Remakes China: What to Watch for After the 20th Party Congress
- NYT – China’s ‘Absurd’ Covid Propaganda Stirs Rebellion
- The Economist – The Prince: Searching for Xi Jinping
- FP – China’s War on History Is Growing
- Coda Story newsletter – Chinese censors working overtime to silence dissent on zero-Covid lockdowns in Xinjiang and Tibet