Lhasa’s Jokhang temple, a sacred Tibetan Buddhist site dating back in parts to the seventh...
by Josh Rudolph | Nov 28, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 7, 2014
The following censorship instruction, issued to the media by government authorities, has been...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 7, 2013
Xinhua reports that a total of eleven officials have now been detained in connection with the Jilin poultry plant fire that killed 121 people last month: The Supreme People’s Procuratorate (SPP) said four persons allegedly...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China