As New Zealand dairy company Fonterra deals with the blowback from the recall of some of its milk powder that was contaminated with Clostridium botulinum, the company is now also being fined for alleged price-fixing in China....
by Cindy | Aug 5, 2013
New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra apologized on Monday for a contamination scare involving whey protein products tainted with Clostridium botulinum. From The Wall Street Journal: Fonterra Chief Executive Theo Spierings traveled...
by Paulina Hartono | Feb 14, 2009
According to an Associated Press report, a Chinese court has plans to auction off the assets of Sanlu Group Co., the company at the center of the melamine milk controversy last year. A Chinese court plans to auction off the...
by Paulina Hartono | Oct 18, 2008
Bloomberg reports that the New Zealand-based Fonterra may opt out of its involvement with the scandal ridden Sanlu by selling its stake to a third party. Fonterra Cooperative Group Ltd. may sell its stake in a Chinese dairy...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods