Two weeks ago, rights activist and former lawyer Jiang Tianyong was sentenced to two years in...
foreign hostile forces
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 10, 2017
[Updated at 22:41 PDT on April 10, 2017: China Law Translate has translated the “Measures on...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 27, 2017
The conviction last September of three prominent labor activists for “gathering crowds to disturb...
by Josh Rudolph | Feb 10, 2017
A “Christian theme park” in Hunan, the home province of Mao Zedong, is drawing intense...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 30, 2016
On Monday, three labor activists associated with Guangdong’s Panyu Worker’s Center were sentenced...
by Samuel Wade | Sep 15, 2016
Alleged Chinese hacking of American companies may have diminished since tensions over the issue...
CDT in the News
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay