The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 8, 2013
At Economic Observer, Nick Compton assesses the fruits of a two-year partnership between BGI-Shenzhen and American advocacy group Autism Speaks. Early results suggest that genes may contribute to around half of all cases of...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 1, 2005
From the New York Times: Geneticists have identified a major lineage of Y chromosomes in populations of northern China that they believe may mark the bearers as descendants of one of the Manchu conquerors who founded the Qing dynasty and ruled China from 1644 to 1911. Because the founder of the lineage lived some 500 […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’