The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 8, 2013
At Economic Observer, Nick Compton assesses the fruits of a two-year partnership between BGI-Shenzhen and American advocacy group Autism Speaks. Early results suggest that genes may contribute to around half of all cases of...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 1, 2005
From the New York Times: Geneticists have identified a major lineage of Y chromosomes in populations of northern China that they believe may mark the bearers as descendants of one of the Manchu conquerors who founded the Qing dynasty and ruled China from 1644 to 1911. Because the founder of the lineage lived some 500 […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods