Channel News Asia reports on Beijing’s allegations that the multinational Coca-Cola Company has been performing illegal mapping in China: US soft drinks giant Coca-Cola is “cooperating fully” with Chinese...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 27, 2012
China’s Beidou satellite navigation system is now open to commercial use across the Asia-Pacific region one year after its civilian debut within China, offering an alternative or addition to the American-run Global...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 13, 2006
From The International Herald Tribune: The European Union’s recent launch of the first of 30 satellites in its multibillion-dollar Galileo global navigation system was hailed across the Continent as a giant step in breaking the U.S monopoly of space-based networks. But China’s participation in the project raises important security issues that need to be addressed […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods