Channel News Asia reports on Beijing’s allegations that the multinational Coca-Cola Company has been performing illegal mapping in China: US soft drinks giant Coca-Cola is “cooperating fully” with Chinese...
by Samuel Wade | Dec 27, 2012
China’s Beidou satellite navigation system is now open to commercial use across the Asia-Pacific region one year after its civilian debut within China, offering an alternative or addition to the American-run Global...
by Xiao Qiang | Jan 13, 2006
From The International Herald Tribune: The European Union’s recent launch of the first of 30 satellites in its multibillion-dollar Galileo global navigation system was hailed across the Continent as a giant step in breaking the U.S monopoly of space-based networks. But China’s participation in the project raises important security issues that need to be addressed […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions