In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 22, 2011
Xinhua reports that Ai Weiwei has been released on bail in recognition of his cooperative attitude and chronic illness: The Beijing police department said Wednesday that Ai Weiwei has been released on bail because of his good...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 12, 2007
From Elite Chinese Politics and Political Economy: …… another senior official comes under investigation by the Central Discipline and Inspection Commission–this time at my home away from home Haidian District in Beijing. Zhou Liangluo, the ambitious party secretary of Haidian District, was detained by the CDIC on charges of corruption. [Full Text] Help to write […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China