In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Melissa M. Chan | Aug 28, 2012
As the AIDS mortality rate in China has dropped, other reports found people with AIDS in China were denied hospital care. The Associated Press reports about 300 patients and their relatives toppled the main gate of a government...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 22, 2011
Xinhua reports that Ai Weiwei has been released on bail in recognition of his cooperative attitude and chronic illness: The Beijing police department said Wednesday that Ai Weiwei has been released on bail because of his good...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 12, 2007
From Elite Chinese Politics and Political Economy: …… another senior official comes under investigation by the Central Discipline and Inspection Commission–this time at my home away from home Haidian District in Beijing. Zhou Liangluo, the ambitious party secretary of Haidian District, was detained by the CDIC on charges of corruption. [Full Text] Help to write […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo