In partnership with the China Copyright and Media blog, CDT is adding the “Beijing Internet...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 22, 2011
Xinhua reports that Ai Weiwei has been released on bail in recognition of his cooperative attitude and chronic illness: The Beijing police department said Wednesday that Ai Weiwei has been released on bail because of his good...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 12, 2007
From Elite Chinese Politics and Political Economy: …… another senior official comes under investigation by the Central Discipline and Inspection Commission–this time at my home away from home Haidian District in Beijing. Zhou Liangluo, the ambitious party secretary of Haidian District, was detained by the CDIC on charges of corruption. [Full Text] Help to write […]
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’