Hacking attempts on McCain’s and Obama’s campaign networks may have come from China. From Financial Times: Earlier this summer, the Secret Service and Federal Bureau of Investigation warned Barack Obama’s and...
by Xiao Qiang | Aug 27, 2005
From The Washington Post: Web sites in China are being used heavily to target computer networks in the Defense Department and other U.S. agencies, successfully breaching hundreds of unclassified networks, according to several...
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 22, 2005
From Japan Today: A Chinese Internet hacker group claiming 80,000 members at its height has dissolved after four years, apparently because of declining interest and difficulties penetrating the U.S. websites that it specialized...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China