A Taliban spokesperson’s claim that China is a “friend” incited an online furore after nationalist Chinese media figures shared the statement approvingly. “We have been to China many times and we have good relations with them,”...
by John Chan | May 7, 2021
Last week, a Weibo post by the CCP Central Political and Legal Affairs Commission, China’s top legal enforcement authority, ignited a firestorm of controversy on Chinese social media. The controversy began after the...
by Samuel Wade | Mar 13, 2018
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Sophie Beach | May 13, 2016
The Cyberspace Administration of China recently criticized the Global Times for reports on topics...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 20, 2014
Following the announcement of regulations on “critical” news reporting on Wednesday,...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 16, 2013
Veteran China blog Danwei has announced its 2013 Model Workers—a valuable list of the best current...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods