Nerves are running high for athletes and organizers on the eve of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. The prospect of further boycotts by activists, diplomats, and athletes threatens to spoil organizers’ hopes of a seamless...
human rights protesters
Protesters Disrupt Olympic Torch-lighting Ceremony in Greece, Drawing Attention to Chinese Human-rights Abuses
Oct 19, 2021
Tibetan and Hong Kong human-rights activists staged a series of protests around the torch-lighting ceremony in Greece in the run-up to the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. Greek authorities detained nine activists; six have been...
CDT in the News
- Language Log, UPenn – Typos as a means for circumventing censorship
- ASPI’s Daily Cyber Digest (July 21) – Mention of CDT’s “CCP Seeks Control Over Xinjiang Narrative as Xi Visits the Region”
- Sinocism (July 25, 2022 newsletter) – Taiwan and Pelosi; Vaccinations; Real estate bailout; Xi Thought on Diplomacy
- Politico (China Watcher Newsletter) – Xi’s Online Nicknames Spark Censorship Spree
- Nature – New deepfake regulations in China are a tool for social stability, but at what cost?