At Bloomberg Businessweek, Dexter Roberts reports on economist Gan Li, his study of and concerns...
by Sophie Beach | May 31, 2010
The New York Times continues its coverage of the ongoing strike at the Honda transmission factory in China: A strike at an enormous Honda transmission factory here in southeastern China has suddenly and unexpectedly turned into...
by Xiao Qiang | Mar 16, 2007
These posters have appeared in various BBS’s and websites. This is a parody of Forbes’ China’s Richest list. called „ÄäÁ•∏Â∏ÉÊñØ„Äã10Â§ßÁ©∑ÂÖâËõãÊéíË°åÊ¶ú (Huobus’ Top Ten Poor Bastards Chart). Here are five of those ten posters, translated by CDT. Thanks to Jason Li of Virtual China blog for the tip.
by Michael Zhao | Jan 20, 2007
From Changsha Evening News via sina.com.cn, translated by CDT (photo: Li Haibin and his finance journal, via sina.com.cn): Li Haibin (ÊùéÊµ∑ÂΩ¨), one of the most educated 62-year-old farmers in his village, has been keeping a detailed finance journal all the years of his family of six, one of the most well-off at Huangxing New Village […]
by Mo Ming | Sep 19, 2006
From Shanghai Security News, tranlsated by CDT: According to a report done by Beijing Normal University, the average price for a house in east China has reached 4,000 yuan per square meter. The average household income was between 15,000 and 17,000 in 2005, and the house price-income ratio was about 13. The report also revealed […]
CDT in the News
- VOA – China Media Directives Reveal Granular Detail of State Censorship
- The Jamestown Foundation – Early Warning Brief: Factional Strife Intensifies as Xi Strives to Consolidate Power
- Politico – China’s crypto ban fuels new U.S. wedge issue
- RFA – Meng Wanzhou Arrest, Return Used as Patriotic Talking Point in Chinese Schools
- Colombo Gazette – Digital autocracy in China: An appraisal