On the Trump administration’s last full day in power, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo designated China’s treatment of Uyghurs and other ethnically Turkic minorities in Xinjiang both genocide and a crime against humanity. In 2017,...
International Criminal Court
by Josh Rudolph | Jul 10, 2020
Since 2017, as many as two million Uyghurs have been held in a mass detention campaign as part of a broader crackdown on local Uyghur culture and religiosity, While Chinese authorities continually deny claims made in a growing...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods