In 2020, CDT Chinese editors launched the CDT Censorship Digest series. The series will collect and quote from news and online speech that was censored by Chinese authorities during the previous month, as well as summarize...
by zctph48 | Jul 13, 2018
According to a yearly survey published by the consultancy Portland and the University of Southern...
by Josh Rudolph | Dec 10, 2013
The AFP reports on the “China’s Global Image and International Influence in...
by 不忘初心 | Sep 17, 2013
Last week, by flying bombers near Japanese territory ahead of the first anniversary of...
by Josh Rudolph | Sep 6, 2013
At The Atlantic, Matt Schiavenza surveys the dynamic 60-year relationship between Beijing and...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”