In August, Matters News published an interview with CDT founder and Editor-in-Chief Xiao Qiang. The interview, by freelance writer Xiran, examines the events and motivations that led Xiao to become a human rights activist and...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 26, 2017
Between 2005 and 2011, Australian JFK Miller served as editor-in-chief of the Shanghai-based...
by Josh Rudolph | Apr 9, 2012
In his decade long career as President and paramount leader of the PRC, Hu Jintao has yet to speak with the foreign media. He has been willing to answer questions in writing, as he did at length in January of 2011 to a series of...
by Paulina Hartono | Jun 18, 2009
Roland Soong of ESWN translates an interview from the Southern Metropolis Daily with Deng Yujiao, the waitress who went on trial for fatally stabbing an official who made sexual advances towards her. Recently, Deng was charged...
by Paulina Hartono | Sep 29, 2008
Fareed Zakaria interviewed Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao on a wide range of topics from the economy to democracy. Zakaria: People say you’re studying the Japanese system because there’s democracy but there’s only...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods