While some Christian missionaries in China aim to fill spaces left by the suppression of traditional values and decline of Maoism, others work to convert members of already beleaguered minority cultures such as Tibetan Buddhism....
by Sophie Beach | Nov 19, 2009
Global Times interviews Jack Rosen, chairman of the American Jewish Congress (AJC) and the American Council for World Jewry, to get advice on how China can lobby the U.S. government as successfully as Jewish groups have. Rosen...
by Sophie Beach | Sep 7, 2005
From Israel National News: Shlomo and Dina Jin are descendants of the Jewish community that existed for nearly a thousand years in Kaifeng, China. With the help of the Shavei Israel organization, the Jins recently completed their conversion back to Judaism by Israel’s Chief Rabbinate, and will be getting married at 5:30 PM at Heichal […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods