CDT has recently acquired and verified a collection of propaganda directives issued by central Party authorities to state media at the beginning of this year. These directives were issued on an almost daily basis in early 2020,...
by Samuel Wade | Aug 23, 2020
The New York Times’ Chris Buckley reports on a new campaign against corruption and disloyalty in China’s public security machinery: Officials in China’s law-and-order apparatus have been ordered to “drive the blade...
by Michael Zhao | Oct 18, 2007
Translated by CDT from Guangzhou Daily: Zhao Yanguang (ËµµÂª∑ÂÖâ) was, and still is, a professor at the law school of Wuhan University. He has devoted most of his adult life to researching what sentences to give to criminals based on the severity of their crime. And he himself didn’t know why he picked this subject, […]
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern