Brazil’s new president, Dilma Rousseff, is taking her country’s relationship with China in a new direction, Reuters reports: Only a few months ago, Brazil and China seemed destined to enjoy one of the defining...
latin america china’s rise
by Sophie Beach | Jul 27, 2010
In the Washington Post, John Pomfret reports that China’s recent upsurge in investment in Brazil seeks to extend its political – as well as economic – clout: The investments in Brazil reflect China’s...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 6, 2010
Mexico is the latest country to offer Mandarin language classes to help its children get a competitive advantage in the business world. From the Los Angeles Times: The sight of youngsters speaking Chinese in the Mexican...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 30, 2005
From Foreign Policy in Focus: In early March, a U.S. Embassy official confided to a visiting businessman that he believed that Chinese leaders viewed the United States as a declining superpower whose time had passed and will be forced to share world power with other powerful nations, including China. To demonstrate how China ‘s strategic […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo