The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
Dec 16, 2009
In China, several political bodies are in charge of Internet content control. At the highest level, there is the Central Propaganda Department, which ensures that media and cultural content follows the official line as mandated...
Sep 28, 2006
Last week, Foreign Policy published an interview with Li Wufeng, the director-general of China’s State Council Information Office (SCIO), the agency in charge of regulating Internet content inside China. The Foreign Policy...
Sep 21, 2006
On the Foreign Policy magazine blog, Mike Boyer writes about his recent meeting with Li Wufeng, the Director General of the State Council Information Office: This is Li Wufeng, China’s top Internet cop. A quiet man who...
Photo: Wufeng Li, director of the Internet Bureau, Information Office of the State Council, launching the official site: Strong Nation Blog; via People’s Daily.
Feb 19, 2006
CDT in the News
- South China Sea Chronicle Initiative (Vietnamese translation of CDT post)- Sự Bất Đối Xứng Trong Quan Hệ Nga-Trung Và Bên Hưởng Lợi
- Discourse Power – Jan. 23, 2023 Newsletter
- Sinocism newsletter (1/18/2023) – Xi’s Spring Festival video chat; Han Zheng to be the next VP?; Janet Yellen and Liu He meet; Wow mess
- The Economist (Drum Tower newsletter) – What our journalists are reading
- RFA – China slaps exit ban on wife of shuttered Shanghai political bookstore owner