Official anxiety over the recent election of Donald J. Trump as U.S. president appeared to mount...
by Sophie Beach | Jul 20, 2010
Daniel W. Drezner writes on the Foreign Policy blog: The Financial Times has been working overtime to discussing an emergent trend: multinational CEOs in Europe and the United States ripping into China. In some ways, this...
by Sophie Beach | Jan 25, 2010
Outlook Magazine reports that Beijing is closing thousands of representative offices from local regions that conduct lobbying in the capital. AP reports: Liaison offices representing regional governments have operated in the...
by Sophie Beach | Nov 19, 2009
Global Times interviews Jack Rosen, chairman of the American Jewish Congress (AJC) and the American Council for World Jewry, to get advice on how China can lobby the U.S. government as successfully as Jewish groups have. Rosen...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 10, 2005
From the Washington Times: The public would be shocked at the work done in Washington by American firms on behalf of overseas interests trying to influence U.S. policy. James Sasser, ambassador to Beijing during the Clinton administration, once said, “The Chinese really don’t do any lobbying. The heavy lifting is done by the American business […]
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo