China’s emerging social credit system has attracted an exceptional level of attention and...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 27, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Cindy | Jul 20, 2014
After years of stunning growth, China’s real estate market is slowing down. In response to...
by Cindy | Jun 9, 2014
Having promised to restructure China’s economy in his economic report at the Two Sessions...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 17, 2013
Tuesday marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of Xi Zhongxun, father of current president Xi...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 13, 2013
Following a freeze on construction of new government buildings aimed at reining in embarrassingly...
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms