China’s emerging social credit system has attracted an exceptional level of attention and...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 27, 2017
The following censorship instructions, issued to the media by government authorities, have been...
by Cindy | Jul 20, 2014
After years of stunning growth, China’s real estate market is slowing down. In response to...
by Cindy | Jun 9, 2014
Having promised to restructure China’s economy in his economic report at the Two Sessions...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 17, 2013
Tuesday marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of Xi Zhongxun, father of current president Xi...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 13, 2013
Following a freeze on construction of new government buildings aimed at reining in embarrassingly...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods