China is by far the world’s largest consumer of coal, using more of the fossil fuel than the...
by Samuel Wade | Jul 9, 2013
Pollution from coal used for winter heating cuts individual life expectancies in northern China by more than five years relative to those in the south, according to a newly published study. The research comes on top of recent...
by Cindy | Jul 5, 2013
Of the growing number of migrant workers affected by pneumoconiosis, Echo Hui reports, only a few manage to get compensation as authorities turn a blind eye to occupational health and workers’ rights. From South China...
CDT in the News
- Human Rights Watch – Chinese Cyber Legend Vanishes, Raising Concerns
- PRI The World – Front row seat at China’s 100th anniversary celebrations
- Mind Matters – Chinese Communist Party: 100 Years of Erasing, Rewriting History
- The Jamestown Foundation – The 2021 Party History Study Campaign Stresses Revolution and Sacrifice
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’