January 27 is designated by the U.N. as International Holocaust Remembrance Day, on the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz concentration camp, to commemorate the Jewish victims of the Nazi genocide. The world’s resolve...
May 27, 2022
With the release of the Xinjiang Police Files on Tuesday, the world has seen what Xinjiang’s “re-education” camps look like from inside official Chinese government databases: mugshots of thousands of faces, spreadsheets filled...
Sep 28, 2021
A report published by the advocacy group Uyghur Human Rights Project (UHRP) on Friday reveals that Chinese authorities have seized and sold off millions of dollars worth of assets held by Uyghurs imprisoned in Xinjiang. The...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy