While many regions in China have lowered GDP targets amid the “new normal” of slower...
Apr 2, 2007
From the Shanghai Daily: Led by Michael Phelps’ seven gold medals, the United States dominated the world swimming championships in Melbourne. The Americans won a leading 36 medals, including 20 golds – equaling their best showing in 29 years. If the world’s other swimmers want to catch up, they’ve got some work to do before […]
Feb 23, 2007
From NDTV.com via the Associated Press: If the Summer Olympics were held today, China would win 11 more gold medals than the United States. That’s the projection of a “relative” Olympic medals table released on Tuesday by the British Olympic Association. The figures are based on results in Olympic sports and disciplines competed at the […]
CDT in the News
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?