Japanese newspaper Nikkei reported Monday that carmakers Toyota, Nissan and Honda will cut production in China by about half, a sign of the economic fallout from the ongoing diplomatic dispute between Japan and China, though...
by Melissa M. Chan | May 22, 2012
As more and more auto makers are gearing their products towards China, Nissan is also expanding their luxury car market to China, and they are aiming for 10% of the market despite being one of the late-comers into China’s auto...
by Sophia Cao | Aug 1, 2007
From The Wall Street Journal: As part of efforts to reduce traffic congestion during the 2008 Olympic Games, the city of Beijing is forming an unusual technology partnership with Nissan Motor Co. to install a citywide navigation system. Tokyo-based Nissan, a latecomer to China that is trying furiously to catch up with rivals Toyota Motor […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods