North Korea detonated a third nuclear weapon in an underground test on Tuesday, defying Chinese calls for restraint and bringing swift condemnation from the U.N. and national governments. From Justin McCurry and Tania Branigan...
North Korea Six-way talk
by Melissa M. Chan | Oct 19, 2011
China’s Foreign Ministry has announced that vice premier Li Keqiang will be visiting North and South Korea next week. This comes after North Korea’s announcement that it is ready to resume the six-party talks that it...
by victoriawu | May 26, 2011
Chinese media have confirmed that North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il did indeed visit China, perhaps underscoring his growing dependence on Chinese support. From BBC: It was Kim Jong-il’s third visit to China in a year, in a...
by Patricia Kim | Feb 27, 2005
From The Japan Times With the push of South Korea, Japan, and the United States, the Chinese government promised Sunday, February 27, to bring back North Korea to the six-way talks on nuclear issues with a “sense of...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods