A growing number of voices are calling for a boycott of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics. While discussion among Western countries about a boycott has circulated for months, voices in favor of a boycott have grown stronger in...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 10, 2008
The New York Times looks at how Beijing is behaving as host: The volunteers are part of a much larger script for what may be the most carefully stage-managed spectacle in Olympic history — a grand-scale version of the opening...
by Xiao Qiang | Aug 3, 2008
Amid all the official media buzz about the excitement of the Olympics enthusiasts, there have been increasing complaints and criticisms about the Olympics preparations from Chinese netizens. The most telling indicator of such...
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”