The New York Times has published a stunning series of images of Xinjiang taken by photographer Carolyn Drake: Ms. Drake is based in Istanbul. “Paradise Rivers,” her long-term, three-part project chronicling five former Soviet...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 11, 2009
French journalist René Vandergoten has shared with CDT his photographs from a recent trip to northwestern China, which beautifully depict the struggle of local farmers against the encroaching desert: Min Qin is an oasis located...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 26, 2009
Time Magazine has posted an audio slideshow by photographer Andreas Siebert of images from his new book, From Somewhere to Nowhere: China’s Internal Migrants. See also Siebert’s website. The book has also been turned...
CDT in the News
- DW – Where is Jack Ma? The mainstream media keep slience
- FT – Beijing orders Chinese media to censor coverage of Alibaba probe
- China Heritage – China’s Virus of Lies in 2020
- VOA Chinese – Year 2020 in Review: Xi Jinping steps up crackdown on independent journalists with unprecedented intensity
- Rest of World – Waving goodbye to Weibo