Michael Rank was a British Council student in China from 1974-1976. During his time at Peking...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 19, 2012
Ministry of Tofu translates, together with comments from Sina Weibo, a Sina.com photo essay showing migrant workers in Chongqing living in improvised tents and shacks, under bridges or on construction sites. Mr. Zhou, 47 years...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 18, 2010
A collection of photos entitled, “The History of Forced Demolition in China”, has been published on one of China’s leading intent portals Netease. Please click here.
by Xiao Qiang | Sep 17, 2010
Following images and commentaries are from a popular post in Chinese blogosphere, translated by CDT: (1) The reason the Ministry of Education reduced the emphasis given to Lu Xun’s writings in middle school textbooks was not...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 18, 2010
Foxconn, the manufacturing giant which was the scene of 13 worker suicides this spring and summer, has held company-sponsored rallies in support of its staff. From the BBC: At the company’s campus in the southern city of...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods