Investigative journalist Peng Yuanwen is known for his reporting at The Beijing News, Vista and ifeng.com, as well as for his witty commentary on Mark Zuckerberg’s notorious 2016 Beijing “smog jog.” But long before that, he...
by Samuel Wade | Apr 19, 2012
Ministry of Tofu translates, together with comments from Sina Weibo, a Sina.com photo essay showing migrant workers in Chongqing living in improvised tents and shacks, under bridges or on construction sites. Mr. Zhou, 47 years...
by Xiao Qiang | Dec 18, 2010
A collection of photos entitled, “The History of Forced Demolition in China”, has been published on one of China’s leading intent portals Netease. Please click here.
by Xiao Qiang | Sep 17, 2010
Following images and commentaries are from a popular post in Chinese blogosphere, translated by CDT: (1) The reason the Ministry of Education reduced the emphasis given to Lu Xun’s writings in middle school textbooks was not...
by Sophie Beach | Aug 18, 2010
Foxconn, the manufacturing giant which was the scene of 13 worker suicides this spring and summer, has held company-sponsored rallies in support of its staff. From the BBC: At the company’s campus in the southern city of...
CDT in the News
- PBS Newshour – Examining the human toll of China’s stringent COVID policy
- Mind Matters – Peng Shuai Backtracks Her Accusations
- Global Times – Western media, anti-China forces use MeToo movement to incite gender antagonism: expert
- WSJ – China Fines Weibo for Spreading ‘Illegal Information’
- The Guardian – China’s troll king: how a tabloid editor became the voice of Chinese nationalism