In this one-act play, New York-based writer Bi Ruxie imagines two outcomes for Xi Jinping if China...
by Xiao Qiang | Jul 25, 2006
From The Times: It is an event in history that China excises from textbooks. Yet the playwright Zhang Guangtian has dared to expose it in clear view on a Beijing stage and, somehow, he has evaded the censor. Mr Zhang’s expos√© is of the role that the Chinese played in the ruin of much of […]
Photo: “To betray the heavenly principle is to betray yourself,” snapshot from the play confucius2000, written by Zhang Guangtian, photo by redredpei.
by Xiao Qiang | Feb 14, 2006
“To betray the heavenly principle is to betray yourself,” snapshot from the play confucius2000, written by Zhang Guangtian, photo by redredpei.
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods