The latest issue of Dissent Magazine has a special section dedicated to “China’s 99%,” or laobaixing. Curated by Jeffrey Wasserstrom, it includes articles about women, youth, ethnic minorities, and workers....
quality of life
Oct 16, 2012
Pew Research Center has released results of a new public opinion survey in China which shows changing attitudes toward economic inequality, corruption, the U.S., and a variety of quality of life issues from food safety to the...
Sep 25, 2012
With rapid and profound economic and social changes underway in China, many aspects of day-to-day life are being transformed. Several artists have recently made efforts to document the current way of life for Chinese families as...
CDT in the News
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast
- The Straits Times – China’s Covid-19 protesters find themselves up against censorship, surveillance
- NYT – Quotation of the Day: With Sly Memes and Wordless Protests, Fed-Up Chinese Test the Authorities
- Christian Science Monitor – In mass protests across China, goals go beyond easing COVID rules
- NYT – Memes, Puns and Blank Sheets of Paper: China’s Creative Acts of Protest