With the 120th anniversary of Mao Zedong’s birth close on the horizon, the Irish Times...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 30, 2011
“Red Songs”, nationalist anthems of the Maoist era, have exploded across China from Chongqing where their resurgence began. China Real Time Report provides a Red Songs 101 for the arguably fortunate uninitiated. The...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 29, 2011
On the eve of the 90th anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party, a nostalgia for red songs is sweeping China, according to this New York Times article: China has boomed during three decades of economic reform, and has in many...
CDT in the News
- Mind Matters – #WhereIsPengShuai: China’s Star Tennis Player Went Missing
- The New York Times – China’s Silence on Peng Shuai Shows the Limits of Beijing’s Propaganda
- The Hindu – What happened to Chinese tennis star Peng Shuai?
- Vice – How China Managed to Wipe Out All Mentions of Its Most Explosive #MeToo Case
- WSJ – China’s Response to Peng Shuai Allegations Follows Familiar Pattern