This week, a striking series of infographics meant to highlight social issues such as poverty, disability, depression, youth unemployment, and elder care were scrubbed from Weibo, leaving only the blank gray boxes that Weibo...
Jun 1, 2023
China and India’s geopolitical rivalry has reached a nadir, with both countries all but barring the other’s journalists from working in their respective territories. Inflamed by an ongoing military conflict along the China-India...
Oct 22, 2021
One of China’s premier investigative reporting outlets, Caixin, has been removed from the Cyberspace Administration of China’s (CAC) latest media “whitelist.” The whitelist governs how news is shared across the Chinese internet:...
CDT in the News
- Sinocism – 2023 Weekly Discussion Thread #36: Xi in San Francisco; TikTok
- Libération CheckNews – Baidu et Alibaba, les deux géants chinois du Web, ont-ils remplacé Israël par la Palestine sur leurs cartes ?
- RFA – Guangdong officials ban Model United Nations over federalism debate
- BBC – Chinese grieve popular ex-premier Li Keqiang in quiet show of dissent
- Le Monde – En Chine, l’hommage très contrôlé à l’ex-premier ministre Li Keqiang, « dernier dirigeant de l’ère des réformes »