At Foreign Policy, Arthur Kroeber embarks on an epic overview of political issues surrounding the yuan, from controversial exchange rates to its questionable future as an international reserve currency. He dismisses the popular...
Aug 7, 2011
Reuters reports the chorus of disapproval at the state of Western nations’ finances from Chinese state media including the People’s Daily and Xinhua: “It must be understood that if the U.S., Europe and other...
Aug 3, 2011
With the Chinese yuan rising 0.41 percent versus the dollar in the last two weeks, China’s five-year notes and comparable U.S. Treasury issues was at a record high yesterday. The growing strength of the yuan was boosted...
CDT in the News
- RFA – Chinese censors delete news report probing return of COVID tracking
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction