At Foreign Policy, Arthur Kroeber embarks on an epic overview of political issues surrounding the yuan, from controversial exchange rates to its questionable future as an international reserve currency. He dismisses the popular...
Aug 7, 2011
Reuters reports the chorus of disapproval at the state of Western nations’ finances from Chinese state media including the People’s Daily and Xinhua: “It must be understood that if the U.S., Europe and other...
Aug 3, 2011
With the Chinese yuan rising 0.41 percent versus the dollar in the last two weeks, China’s five-year notes and comparable U.S. Treasury issues was at a record high yesterday. The growing strength of the yuan was boosted...
CDT in the News
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation – After China’s loudest protests in decades, Xi Jinping will be treading extremely carefully as the nation mourns Jiang Zemin
- The Guardian – China brings in ‘emergency’ level censorship over zero-Covid protests
- Newsweek – China’s Angry Protesters Confronted With Warnings About ‘External Forces’
- The Straits Times – China still clamping down on protest activities against Covid-19 lockdown
- NYT – ‘Breach of the Big Silence’: Protests Stretch China’s Censorship to Its Limits