Despite reports by state media last month that China’s “Big Four” banks had made almost no new loans in the first half of May, Reuters reports that bank lending for the month rose more than expected: New loans...
reserve requirement ratio
CDT in the News
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China
- Hoover Institution – Xiao Qiang On China’s Model Of Digital Authoritarianism
- New York Times – In China, an App Offered Space for Debate. Then the Censors Came.
- Taiwan CNA – China blocks Clubhouse, official media say “anti-China has nothing to do with free speech”