In recent months, China has come under fire from the European Commission, among others, for promoting disinformation about the origins and spread of the coronavirus. The campaign appears to mark a shift in Beijing’s...
by Sophie Beach | Jun 10, 2020
When the coronavirus virus was first discovered in Wuhan in December, Chinese authorities immediately acted to censor independent news and information about the virus and its potential threat. In subsequent months, as the virus...
by Samuel Wade | Feb 14, 2019
Last Saturday, The Wall Street Journal’s Josh Chin examined the emergence of distinct...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods