Former physicist and bond trader Zhu Changhong remains a mystery man to most, despite handling investment of “the world’s largest stash of cash,” China’s $3.5 trillion foreign reserves. From Lingling Wei...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 12, 2009
From Caijing.com.cn: No names were mentioned when the administrator of China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE), Hu Xiaolian, used an internal meeting in late March to call for further regulation of administrative...
by Paulina Hartono | Feb 18, 2009
The Wall Street Journal translates a portion of comments from the State Administration of Foreign Exchange. These comments, made by the organization’s deputy director, give some insight to China’s approaches to...
by Wu Nan | Sep 4, 2006
From China Daily via Xinhua: The Chinese government continues to rein in overseas speculators in the country’s property market, as it is now requiring foreigners to get approval before they send funds out of the country that were earned from selling houses. According to a circular on management over foreign investment in China’s housing sector, […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms