Former physicist and bond trader Zhu Changhong remains a mystery man to most, despite handling investment of “the world’s largest stash of cash,” China’s $3.5 trillion foreign reserves. From Lingling Wei...
by Xiao Qiang | Apr 12, 2009
From Caijing.com.cn: No names were mentioned when the administrator of China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange (SAFE), Hu Xiaolian, used an internal meeting in late March to call for further regulation of administrative...
by Paulina Hartono | Feb 18, 2009
The Wall Street Journal translates a portion of comments from the State Administration of Foreign Exchange. These comments, made by the organization’s deputy director, give some insight to China’s approaches to...
by Wu Nan | Sep 4, 2006
From China Daily via Xinhua: The Chinese government continues to rein in overseas speculators in the country’s property market, as it is now requiring foreigners to get approval before they send funds out of the country that were earned from selling houses. According to a circular on management over foreign investment in China’s housing sector, […]
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods