After North Korea’s failed rocket launch earlier this year and China’s subsequent backing of a UN statement calling for harsher consequences if another launch is attempted, the New York Times reports North Korea...
Feb 21, 2008
Beijing accused Washington of holding China to a double standard after the US Navy successfully destroyed a satellite 150 miles above the Pacific last night, the Guardian reports. Last year when China similarly shot down a...
Jan 19, 2007
From The New York Times: …The test of an antisatellite weapon last week, which Beijing declined to confirm or deny Friday despite widespread news coverage and diplomatic inquiries, was perceived by East Asia experts as...
Jan 18, 2007
Bloomberg reported that Japan and Australia asked China to explain its test firing a missile into space, while Russian Defense Minister through MOSNEWS addressed here that Chinese Ballistic Missile Tests Are Exaggerated Rumors: …The satellite was hit by the missile on Jan. 11, Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for the U.S. National Security Council, said yesterday. […]
Jan 18, 2007
From The Washington Post: The Chinese military used a ground-based missile to hit and destroy one of its aging satellites orbiting more than 500 miles in space last week, an apparent test of anti-satellite technology that raised concerns about a possible arms race in space and drew sharp protests from other space-faring nations. The satellite-destroying […]
CDT in the News
- Newsweek – China’s Angry Protesters Confronted With Warnings About ‘External Forces’
- The Straits Times – China still clamping down on protest activities against Covid-19 lockdown
- NYT – ‘Breach of the Big Silence’: Protests Stretch China’s Censorship to Its Limits
- NYT – Banana Peels for Xi Jinping
- Washington Post – Chinese state TV obscures maskless crowd in World Cup broadcast