While Xi Jinping has made stating his appreciation for literature—both foreign and domestic—a...
Aug 3, 2013
Tash Aw, a writer born in Taipei who grew up in Kuala Lumpur before moving to England, was longlisted for the Man Booker Prize for his novel, “Five Star Billionaire,” a fictional self-help book for social climbers...
Jul 29, 2013
At Bloomberg Businessweek, Christina Larson looks at the prospects for translated Chinese works in America. Currently, the flow into China of books translated from English and other foreign languages is much larger than the...
Nov 6, 2012
In an interview with Muhammad Cohen at Asia Times Online, Sheng Keyi discusses the English-language publication of her first novel, Northern Girls, based on her own experiences as a migrant worker in Shenzhen. Asia Times Online:...
CDT in the News
- Turquoise Roof – Weaponising Big Data: Decoding China’s Digital Surveillance in Tibet
- VOA – Chinese Netizens Criticize Government on US Embassy’s Weibo Post
- China Global South Project – What Do Namibian Giraffes Have To Do With the Chinese Economy? Ask Weibo
- Washington Post – As falling stocks draw criticism in China, censors struggle to keep up
- NYT – China’s Censorship Dragnet Targets Critics of the Economy