In 2013, when Shuanghui International bought Smithfield Farms, America’s largest pork...
May 30, 2013
In what could be the largest ever Chinese takeover of an American company, pork producer Shuanghui International has reached a deal to buy Smithfield Foods, a Virginia-based food conglomerate. From the New York Times: If...
Mar 16, 2011
It has been reported that pork from a subsidiary of China’s largest meat processor, Shuanghui Group in Henan, has been found to contain traces of illegal additive Clenbuterol. From Xinhua English: Clenbuterol is a chemical...
CDT in the News
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction
- Sinocism – Sharp China: The Foreign Influencer Ecosystem; Money Flowing Out of China; Xi’s Exit Strategy; A Mao YouTube Controversy (11.29.2023)