In 2013, when Shuanghui International bought Smithfield Farms, America’s largest pork...
May 30, 2013
In what could be the largest ever Chinese takeover of an American company, pork producer Shuanghui International has reached a deal to buy Smithfield Foods, a Virginia-based food conglomerate. From the New York Times: If...
Mar 16, 2011
It has been reported that pork from a subsidiary of China’s largest meat processor, Shuanghui Group in Henan, has been found to contain traces of illegal additive Clenbuterol. From Xinhua English: Clenbuterol is a chemical...
CDT in the News
- NPHR – Chinese authorities remain committed to ‘zero COVID’ lockdown policy
- SupChina – 50 days in Shanghai lockdown
- Rest of World – In China, fleeting “cyber protests” leave behind fragile memories
- The Diplomat – China’s Censors Aim to Contain Dissent During Harsh COVID-19 Lockdowns
- The Washington Post – China shuts down talk of covid hardship; users strike back