Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery, the potential buyer of GM’s Hummer brand, expects to persuade Chinese regulators to approve the transaction in spite of a report on China National Radio’s website saying...
Jun 9, 2009
As Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. is set to buy Hummer, a General Motors unit that filed for bankruptcy recently, several perspectives have emerged about the gas-guzzling behemoth and the little known machinery...
Jun 2, 2009
After filing for bankruptcy on the morning of June 1, 2009, American car company General Motors (GM), once one of the largest automobile manufacturers in the world, may be selling its Hummer brand to a Chinese heavy machinery...
CDT in the News
- Sky News – Chinese state media appears to censor one of its own videos
- The Guardian – Chinese state media censors itself after highlighting poem about corrupt leaders
- ASPI Daily Tech and Cyber Digest – Meta’s ‘biggest single takedown’ removes Chinese influence campaign | Japan’s cyber security agency suffers months-long breach | FBI, partners dismantle Qakbot infrastructure
- Atlantic Council – Chinese discourse power: Capabilities and impact
- VOA – Chinese Social Media Platforms Fail to Control Racism Against Black People: Report