The implications of Zambia’s election of Michael Sata, a fierce critic of Chinese involvement in the country, continue to attract analysis. At The Atlantic, Howard French examines the widespread interpretation of the...
Jan 27, 2011
Sinohydro, the world’s largest hydropower firm and former employer of President Hu Jintao, is to undertake the construction of the controversial Kajbar dam for the Sudanese government, one of three due to be built with...
Oct 27, 2010
Bloomberg reports on the ongoing construction of Pakistan’s Gomal Zam dam by Sinohydro, former employer of Hu Jintao: …China’s Sinohydro Corp., is completing the biggest building project in Pakistan’s tribal region...
Aug 31, 2006
From Three Gorges Probe: Sinohydro, the Chinese company set to build a billion-dollar dam on the Salween River in Burma in partnership with the Thai utility EGAT, has been criticized in an annual performance review of state-owned enterprises for unspecified “safety or environmental pollution accidents.” It is the second high-level public rebuke in recent years […]
CDT in the News
- RFA – Chinese censors delete news report probing return of COVID tracking
- China Brief – Much Cause But Little Recourse For Popular Discontent
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) – Young people living in and outside China fight to keep spirit of ‘white paper’ protests alive
- ASPI – Singing from the CCP’s songsheet: The role of foreign influencers in China’s propaganda system
- Lacuna Magazine – Redacted Fantasy: China’s Dystopian Censorship of Online Fiction