China has become the world’s biggest market for personal computers according to IHS, with 69 million units shipped in 2012 compared with 66 million in the U.S.. From the BBC: Laptops are the fastest rising sector in...
by Zhaohua Li | Jul 18, 2008
Chinese state media are reporting one of China’s largest banks “may” own $20 billion worth of debt in the United States’ gravely troubled lending giants Fannie May and Freddie Mac: The Freddie Mac and...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers
- Mind Matters – For Five Days There Was Free Expression in China