A list of ten “forbidden” behaviors posted to (and then deleted from) the public WeChat account of China Foreign Affairs University (CFAU) in Beijing seemed to reveal discontent with strict pandemic controls among the country’s...
Sep 30, 2014
As pro-democracy student protests continue to unfold in Hong Kong, Chinese authorities are ramping...
May 21, 2009
One day after an alleged violent confrontation between security guards and Nanjing students sparked by police brutality, reports of thousands of students protesting in the streets of Nanjing are appearing on the Chinese...
CDT in the News
- U.C. San Diego, 21st Century China Center – The Party Remakes China: What to Watch for After the 20th Party Congress
- NYT – China’s ‘Absurd’ Covid Propaganda Stirs Rebellion
- The Economist – The Prince: Searching for Xi Jinping
- FP – China’s War on History Is Growing
- Coda Story newsletter – Chinese censors working overtime to silence dissent on zero-Covid lockdowns in Xinjiang and Tibet