Former Politburo member Sun Zhengcai stood trial for bribery in Tianjin on Thursday, the biggest...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 27, 2016
The 6th Plenum of the 18th Party Central Committee concluded on Thursday. After four days of...
by Scott Greene | Nov 11, 2011
Yawei Liu of The Jamestown Foundation examines the “innovations” of Chongqing’s Bo Xilai and the public brinksmanship between himself and Guangdong’s Yang Wang as both maneuver for a seat on the CCP...
by Samuel Wade | Jun 21, 2011
Leaked diplomatic cables from late 2007, newly released by Wikileaks, shed some light on the processes by which next year’s leadership succession was determined, as well as some juicier though perhaps less substantial...
by Sophie Beach | Dec 31, 2007
“Elderly dynamos” who retain power in their companies – even after they’ve hit their 80s or 90s – are at the center of this article from Business Week: In his eight decades in the media business, Sir Run Run Shaw has built the Chinese-speaking world’s most successful film and TV empire. He was co-founder of […]
CDT in the News
- FT – Exporting Chinese surveillance: the security risks of ‘smart cities’
- The Jamestown Foundation – Chinese Leaders Project Confidence in Self-Sufficiency Amid Post-Pandemic Food Security Concerns
- Protocol – Censored word lists are ‘proprietary assets’ for Chinese big tech
- What’s On Weibo – The Disappearing Emoji on Weibo in Light of June 4
- Clearance Jobs – Biden Tasks Intelligence Community to Answer Wuhan Questions