China’s State Council has submitted widely-anticipated plans for the restructuring of several government agencies to the National People’s Congress. The seventh such initiative in the past 30 years, the new plan aims...
by Sean Escoffery | Jul 1, 2008
One of China’s new “super-ministries” was inaugurated on Sunday. From The People’s Daily: The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), one of the five “super ministries”...
CDT in the News
- FT – Chinese censors take aim at former premier Wen Jiabao’s essay
- SCMP – US sharply criticises China in annual human rights review, the Biden administration’s first public assessment of Beijing’s record
- New York Times – How China’s Outrage Machine Kicked Up a Storm Over H&M
- HRW – People in China Left Wondering, ‘What Happened in Xinjiang?’
- The Philadelphia Inquirer – China steps up online controls with new rule for bloggers