CDT has recently acquired and verified a collection of propaganda directives issued by central Party authorities to state media at the beginning of this year. These directives were issued on an almost daily basis in early 2020,...
by Josh Rudolph | Oct 16, 2019
The ongoing crackdown by the Xi administration in the Xinjiang region has been described as an effort to “re-engineer” the Uyghur identity and as a form of “cultural genocide.” Officially launched in 2014, the steadily...
by Josh Rudolph | Jun 13, 2013
In her latest “Letter from China,” the New York Times’ Didi Kirsten Tatlow provides an overview of the newly released book Chinese Industrial Espionage: Technology Acquisition and Military Modernisation....
by Mo Ming | Jun 10, 2006
From China Daily Online: China may abandon the construction of the four-billion-euro Shanghai-Hangzhou high-speed maglev line if talks with Germany on technical transfers and other issues fail, the 21st Century Business Herald said Friday. “The line will not be built if they keep saying no,” Wu Xiangming, director of the China national magnetic levitation transportation […]
by Mo Ming | Jun 2, 2006
From the Financial Times: Berlin has rejected Chinese demands that it provide state funding and access to sensitive technology in exchange for the right to build a $4.3bn magnetic levitation train link between Shanghai and Hangzhou. Germany’s tough stance on funding and intellectual property transfers for the project comes a week after Angela Merkel, the […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms