Xinhua reports that a disease common among pet dogs poses a serious threat to China’s...
by Samuel Wade | Oct 18, 2010
The Guardian’s Jonathan Watts describes China’s new plan for wildlife preservation, unveiled as the UN COP10 talks on biodiversity begin in Nagoya. China’s biodiversity action plan designates 52 priority conservation areas,...
by Morgan Figuers | Jun 13, 2007
Chinese officials are considering whether or not to revoke the 1993 law against the sale and trade of tiger products. This has raised concern in the United Nations about tiger extinction. From the International News: A UN wildlife conference rebuked China on Wednesday for reviewing a 1993 ban on domestic trade in tiger parts amid […]
CDT in the News
- Hindustan Times – Chinese Communist party wing mocks India’s Covid crisis on social media
- POLITICO – Feminists thwarting China’s population goals
- Forum 2000 – Xiao Qiang: Digital authoritarianism in China undermines democratic values
- NYT – Women Are Battling China’s Angry Trolls. The Trolls Are Winning
- The Jamestown Foundation – Hong Kong Cracks Down on National Security Imperatives Amid Electoral Reforms