CDT previously reported on China’s super rich still going all out with their Golden Week travel plans. The Wall Street Journal reports Golden Week hordes may be a good sign for the economy: A total of 34.2 million tourists...
by Sophie Beach | Oct 18, 2009
Mark MacKinnon of the Globe and Mail blogs about the life-threatening experience of riding in a Beijing taxi: The only thing more dangerous than being in a Beijing taxi is daring to cross the street in front of one. After 10...
CDT in the News
- SCMP – Foreign journalists in China report state backing for rising intimidation during Henan floods
- Forum2000 – Data colonialism: Where China and the West diverge
- FT – China flood response reveals Beijing’s need to prepare for extreme weather
- LA Times – Amid crushing floods in China, officials focus not on climate change, but on control
- RFA – “Drowning” has become a sensitive word during Henan floods